Template:W S-L Wiki:Welcome
From Wiki Shangri-La
Thanks for signing up!
You are the most important resource for the W S-L Wiki. Please create new pages, edit articles, join discussions, make comments, or ask questions. Your knowledge and participation makes the W S-L Wiki a better resource.
Things you might want to do right away
- Learn how to format, edit, or create pages.
- Explore and see what type of information exists on the wiki.
- Update you user page to tell other users a bit about yourself.
- Look at the help contents or frequently asked questions on how to use this place.
- Contribute to the discussion on policies for the UBC Wiki. Your comments on policies and processes makes the W S-L Wiki a better project.
Tips for New Users
- We have a help section with lots of info on how to work with the software the runs the W S-L Wiki.
- The W S-L Wiki is a shared space and a community. Please consider editing your user page. Other users will get to know and trust your work.
- When you edit an article, you can make a short comment describing your change. If you remove information or change info, make a note of it there.
- Articles you work on can and probably will be changed by other people. Making changes will often inspire others to make additions to your work.
- Every article has an associated Talk page where we discuss how best to work on that article. If you're wondering what's up with some article, why it's this way instead of that, check the talk page by clicking the discussion link.
- Other W S-L Wiki users can send you messages through your user talk page. When there are new messages on your talk page, you'll see a yellow notice the next time you use the Wiki. You should check to see what someone has to say.
- We want to make the W S-L Wiki a resource that can be easily exported and syndicated, such as in printed pages or with by appended content on a mobile device.
- Parts of this list were inspired by Wiki Travel